We Offer Customized Medication!
Scarpa Pharmacy is a community-based pharmacy serving local patients and doctors. We offer customized medication with your doctor’s prescription. Regular pharmacies do not fill prescriptions for compounded drugs. If your doctor writes you a prescription for a compounded drug, you must fill it at a compounding pharmacy.
Here are a few examples of customizing medication a prescribed by a doctor in order to meet a patient’s needs:
- Adjust strength or dosage.
- Flavor a medication, for example to make it more palatable for a child.
- Reformulate the drug to exclude an unwanted, nonessential ingredient, such as gluten or a dye that a patient is allergic to.
- Change the form of the medication for patients who, for example, have difficulty swallowing or experience stomach upset when taking oral medication.
Compounding pharmacists can put drugs into specially flavored liquids, topical creams, suppositories, or other dosage forms suitable for patients’ unique needs. Compounding does not replicate commercially available drug products.
Is there an Alternative to Mass Produced Pain Medication?
There are many mass-produced pain medication on the market. However, due to their dosage strength, dosage form or other factors, they can lead to unwanted side effects, such as drowsiness, dizziness or stomach irritation. Additionally, many people have difficulty swallowing pills or tablets, presenting further obstacles to pain treatment.
We work with prescribers and patients to solve problems by tailoring medications to meet the specific needs of each individual. Our custom compounding offers convenience, targeted relief, precise dosages and potentially fewer side effects
Pain Conditions For Which We Commonly Compound Medications:
- Ankle Pain
- Back Pain
- Burning Foot Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- CRPS (Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome)